Additional artefacts associated with Harry Boland are on long term loan to the Department of Foreign Affairs for public display at the Irish Embassy in Washington DC:
- Silver Cup presented to Harry Boland by the American Association for the Recognition of the Irish Republic on 26 December 1921.
- Appointment Credentials as Special Envoy from the elected Government of the Irish Republic to the Government and people of the United States dated 30 April 1919. In English and Irish, both signed by Éamon de Valera as President of Dáil Éireann.
- 1919 Bachrach Studios, New York photo of Harry Boland.
The final stage in our centenary year journey is to donate to University College Cork our Archive of papers and documents associated with Harry Boland which passed down through the family over the past 100 years. These items will be presented to UCC at their Civil War Conference:
- 1pm on Friday 17th June at UCC, venue to be confirmed.
- Speaker: Dr Martin Mansergh, Deputy Chair, Expert Advisory Group on Commemorations. Dr Mansergh will comment upon the archive being donated to UCC and on Harry Boland’s work in the US.
Replicas of our Harry Boland Silver Cup, generously funded by University College Cork, will be presented to Dublin GAA and to the Harry Boland Hurling Club, founded in Chicago in 1925.